I recently read these 6 intriguing facts about water:
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
4. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
5. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
6. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory.
Even worse, though, is the fact that many are spiritually dehydrated. In John 7:37 Jesus gives this invitation: “If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.”
1. It is probably fair to guess that 75% of Americans are spiritually thirsty.
2. Once spiritual dehydration begins to occur, we think we are “hungry” and we look for things that will satisfy our cravings.
3. A refreshing glass of Jesus’ Living Water will end the cravings for 100% of His followers.
4. Spiritual dehydration makes you spiritually fatigued; you won’t feel like doing your work in the Great Commission.
5. Living Water can ease the pain and suffering when our hearts get broken.
6. It also contributes to memory loss as forgiveness occurs. We can forget those things that are behind and press on towards the mark.
No one is promising you an easy life, but when you can say like David “my cup runneth over,” then life is easier. Having Jesus in your life is the best way to live. Do you need Him to refill your cup?